Wednesday, April 11, 2007

A decade of MOOing

Some years ago... I have chosen a nickname or character according my personality. Gold Moon was the name, describing the shyness hidden in the moon and the joy mystified by the light of the gold.

Gold Moon is a fictional character from RPGames created by Margaret Weis and Tracy Hickman in 1984. By the matter of fact, I have chosen this character only for one reason:

Gold Moon is a healer, and finds satisfaction in helping others, even when her healing power and mysticism both leave she does what she can to help. She had the strength to unite her people under her ailing father, and to later carry the blue crystal staff into the world. She saw her village destroyed and a lot of other destruction during the War of the Lance, but her love for Riverwind and the goddess Mishakal helped carry her past her grief at the destruction she saw to help others to build a future.

After a few years I have decided to quit moo and I really have destroyed (or recycled) everything what I have build until that moment.

For some reason (don’t ask me what it was) I have returned 5 years ago and re-built everything from the beginning, but this time with a new character: Lady Godiva.

According to the popular story, the beautiful Lady Godiva took pity on the people of Coventry, who were suffering grievously under her husband's oppressive taxation. Lady Godiva appealed again and again to her husband, who obstinately refused to remit the tolls. At last, weary of her entreaties, he said he would grant her request if she would ride naked through the streets of the town. Lady Godiva took him at his word and, after issuing a proclamation that all persons should keep within doors or shut their windows, she rode through, clothed only in her long hair.

And these 2 characters resume my life. Basically, to help people at all cost. Firstly with the strength of the youth and finally with the wisdom acquaint along the years. In real life I am the Lady but with the wild spirit of a young girl. Perhaps someday I will return to moosaico, but today I can assure you that my will is to leave everything and everyone behind me.

You can ask which character I would personify if I come back, right?! Humm, I don’t know, but someone likes Hypatia of Alexandria :-) It’s not a promise and yet… you will need to wait a couple of years for my return. Perhaps at my forty age!

And you… just keep MOOing. I'm not going to die, just leaving. You know where you can find me. And if you find who sings this song, I will give you a candy bar.


P.S. No, I don’t want to discuss the reverse of the music.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Why mooing?!?! That's what cows do... Lack of milk!?