Monday, July 16, 2007

Obsession

Last month I have attended an international conference at Porto. As usual, at lunch time, all the participants try to socialize. And there I was doing the same. I was talking with a guy coming from Netherlands. I do not remember to much of the conversation, but some minutes before a plenary session he said:

Netherland Guy: 4 days of conference is too much!!

me: Yes it is. About 5 days that I didn't go to my office. I miss so much my office that last night I went there.

NG: No, I can not believe it.

me: Yes, it’s true. I was there since 10 p.m. until midnight. Just checking e-mails, nothing important.

NG: I think you need a doctor.

me: I think so… and you?! Are you enjoying your stay in Portugal?! Everybody complains about the weather, but believe me… the weather is just fine, it’s not cold neither too hot.

NG: I would like to have this weather where I live. In fact I’m in holidays.

me: Oh, you have toke some days off while attending the conference.

NG: No, I’m in holidays. Last week I saw somewhere that a conference about numerical simulations will be held here. And here I am. I do not know what I’m going to answer if my boss asks how good were my holidays. I think I’ll answer that I’ve attended a conference.

me: Hummm, he will think that has an excellent employee. Anyway, you really need a doctor too.

NG: I agree with you.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

eheheh...

:)workaholics tsc tsc tsc....
:D