Monday, August 27, 2007

A Lunch Talk

A lunch talk at my parent’s house:

Dad: It’s not because I’m old that I do not love your mother. I do not have your age, but I love my wife as in the old times.

Mom: Oh those old times, we were young and foul.

Sister: You were in love.

Mom: Love?! Passion?! Sorrow?! I do not know what I’ve felt at the beginning, we were both two kids alone, very poor and needed some emotional support.

My sister is younger than me, and she still has the fire of the youth on the skin. She answered with an angry voice:

Sister: SORROW?! It’s the worst you can feel for someone.

Me: Only who feels sorrow has a heart.

My sister looked at me completely astonished. I really don’t know if she has not understood what I’ve said or if she could not believe on what she has eared. My father realized the sudden change of her facial expression and said:

Dad: If your godmother did not felt sorrow, she would let the little cat dying in the street.

n.b. I’m the godmother of my sister and she treats me like it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh the fire of youth.......
I remember the days!!!

How old are you anyway? You're in your 40's already?

Single Mind said...

60's