Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Alone, Busy and Desperate

Remember the Murphy’s Law? Last night I didn’t sleep a minute. I had so many pains on my finger, it was like if it was exploding and still like it. By the early morning I went to the doctor. Thanks’ God… he has prescribed some antibiotic. But… perhaps in two days it will be necessary to make a cut on the finger to clean the region or in the worst case, to remove the nail.

So, I went to the chemistry to buy the medicine:

me: This one is the antibiotic, right?!

lady: Yes, you must take one each 8 hours… and this one is for the diarrhea.

me: I’m sorry?!

lady: For the diarrhea.

me: Yes, I’ve understood… but I do not have diarrhea!!

lady: Perhaps the doctor has miswritten the medicine.

me: Can you check for me the secondary effects?

lady: Oh God, this antibiotic will cause gastro-intestinal disturbances.

Great… now to stop the pains on the finger I’ll have pains on the ass.

No comments: