Monday, March 19, 2007

Life Choices

For the first time I have not answered a personal question this weekend. Someone asked me:
- You are so beautiful, how can you be alone with no boyfriend or husband?
I just said a shy ‘thank you’.

Usually I give some typical answers like:
- I don’t have time for that; I’m a very busy woman.
- I don’t want more headaches than what I have.
or
- I have not found my prince.

Ok, let’s tell the truth. Perhaps I’m alone because it’s my choice, perhaps not. In fact is very difficult to find someone with the same mind. Life is like a puzzle, if a piece does not match, it will never be part of the big picture. If someone’s mind does not match with yours, you will never agree in anything. And… when I say ‘match’, it must match at least on 80%.

I know that sometimes the minds don’t match, but we fall in love. Other times the minds match but no love appears on the horizon. Quite difficult to find a match in everything, hein?! That’s it; I’m waiting to match in everything. Meanwhile four marriage proposals were denied.

Today, I look to the past and I guarantee you that I will re-do again everything as I have done, with no regrets. To love and disagree in most part of the things can be very hurtful, while to agree with someone that we don’t love, can be a boring life. Perhaps I’m wrong, perhaps I’m right, but who knows what is wrong and what is right?!

This last Christmas I have received a phone call from one person who has asked me in marriage a few years ago, and my parents were quite intrigued with my conversation. Of course, they have questioned me and I have told them some stories (not all of them). My mother has looked to me and smiled. I wonder what she was thinking!!! My father just said ‘You know better than no one who you want in your life’.

I deduce that if I tell all this explanation to each people that ask to me the reason to still alone, they will think that I’m too exigent or too complicated. Exigent… yes, with everything in my life. Complicated… no, I just want simple things in my life, in that way, I will never have a complicated life.

Some women in this moment may think that I’m crazy. No. Crazy is who accepts marriage just because of having afraid to be alone. I’m persistent and I have not afraid at all.

Humm, this monologue gave me other ideas for the next posts :) Let see what can I write about my life.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

=)Keep going... I'll find your way to be happy!

P.S. - If some poeple aren't brave enough to write some vulgar comments and identify them selves, I think you have all the right to delete their comments... They don't deserve to be read.] ;)