Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Panicking

Sometimes we need to take the control of the situation, at least is what I think. But instead to become the master, people panics. I really hope people panics, because my mind sometimes thinks that people simply doesn’t care about the situation.

Ok, let’s put all this panic on understandable words…

One day, I was crossing the street when I saw a crowd standing in the middle of the road. I have approached to the crowd and I was astonished: a woman on the ground, her head was bleeding and everybody was looking at her doing nothing. The traffic was stopped. I was late for the Linear Algebra class, but I have dropped the notebook, pushed some people until to get near the woman. I have dragged the woman to the sidewalk and ordered to the people to stand back. A man has helped me to drag the woman by her shoulders; he has phoned to an ambulance, picked up my notebook and the lady’s purse.

Another occasion was in a supermarket. A lady was standing on the cash line when suddenly she falls unconscious. As usual, a crowd surrounded her doing nothing. Her husband was trying to wake-up the lady, but nobody was moving a finger to get help. I have leave my task behind (I was a cashier) to disperse the crowd and called a doctor.

Another one was with one of my relatives. Everybody was screaming “Oh my God, oh my God” and done nothing. It was I that wrap my father into a blanket and take the car out of the garage (I had only 16 years old). It took 10 minutes to people get out of panic and trying to understand what was happening. While my mother was driving until the hospital I have make a phone call to the hospital explaining the emergency that was coming to there.

Why people stand looking doing nothing?! Is it panic?! Or is it a kind of “I don’t care, but I’m curious”?! I already had three accidents that could have taken my life. I’m not joking and I’m not proud of it, since two of them were my fault. I have got help on the first one. I was a child with 7 years old. At the second accident a guy said “Miss, are you ok?!” A crowd was surrounding me but nobody touched me. Is this panic?! It was not just a little car accident as usual women have. Well… the third, it was a “dejá vu” with my mother screaming “Oh my god, oh my god!”. Of course I haven’t got any help.

There are no doubts that sometimes people panics. I really hope that people doesn’t stand without helping just to look and have fun. Basically, we need to help people as we can, but, unfortunately, we can not expect to get help from anyone in this world.

No comments: