Sunday, April 15, 2007

Time Travel

About 3 years that I don’t live at my parents house and this last week, I was there… alone.

To wake up with the rooster crow, to be lapped on the hands by the dog and to water the backyard… here are some unforgettable moments before to ride to work. At the end of the day… to arrive at home and see a jumping crazy Doberman with 70Kg waiting for some candies and to be petted.

My parent’s house has two independent flats and yesterday I was on the upper one: my home where I lived alone until my departure. My room was empty as I left it. When I entered in the office I’ve sited down and look for each thing I left behind. I have taken 3 things from the office: my letter opener, a painting draw and the ticket from the last concert.

Each object has a specific meaning for me:
Letter opener: never quit, even when life seems the worst.
Painting draw: keep smiling and singing even if you are down.
Ticket: never wish to be dead.

In the bathroom, here there were my perfumes, my hairbrush and my bath salt. Yes… I’ve picked them up.

I’ve sited on the sofa watching TV. I don’t remember what I was watching, but I do remember what my thoughts were: the last day in that house. I remember my mother doing some emotional blackmail with me saying that I was abandoning her. She has never realized that I was talking seriously about leaving; she never thought that I will leave even without a place to stay and with no money in the pocket (neither in the bank account). It was not her fault neither mines, but we split our lives there.

Yes, I left home with my basic stuff. No new home, no money to eat and with a brand new car. That’s a hilarious story. The car was mine, I’ve paid for it. I was beginning my PhD and I passed 4 months without receiving my wage (scholarship). I have found a place to stay for some while, and while my scholarship was not being paid I still had some money to take some milk with some bread in the morning, a cheese sandwich for lunch and two apples at the end of the afternoon.

Suddenly I have waked up from this time travel and I said loud: “I still not have a sofa neither a TV but at least I have my own flat.” I’ve clean my tears and I went downstairs to cook my dinner.

No comments: