Thursday, May 10, 2007

I’m Unforgettable

When people met me, usually they never forget me. I can be unforgettable for bad or good things. I always try to leave a good impression so people can always smiles remembering me.

But… sometimes it’s quite difficult to cause a good impression, especially when we can do anything at all. I remember, a few years ago, the 1st surgery on removing the 1st tooth wisdom. Yes, it was a surgery and not a simple tooth extraction. It took 3 hours to have the bastard off my bone, and the assistant lady at the middle of the surgery has decided to faint completely dead on the floor. Here I was on the dentist chair holding all the medical stuff inside my mouth, while the doctor was helping the lady. The 2nd tooth was easier to remove. Again another surgery of one hour but nothing strange has happened.

I have always believed that the worst tooth was already removed. However I have decided to remove a tooth each year, and not all of them in a short time. I was removing the wisdom teeth but at least I still have some good sense (or wisdom).

Another doctor has removed the 3rd tooth. I have told him the story of the first one. The guy simply said: “With me it will be much easier; I’m a skillful doctor. I have never made a surgery but it doesn’t seem so difficult.” Do you really want to know how much he was regretting in the end for such word?! :-) The guy has broken two calipers while pushing the tooth and my lips were quite damage on the next days. The guy was sweating, I saw his shirt completely wet. I was lie-down on the chair without moving a finger and he was always telling me “Wait… don’t worry… be calm… everything is fine!

The 4th tooth… the 4th surgery was last year on the day after my birthday. Another doctor was the prize-winner of such rare specimen into my mouth. Again, I told him all the stories. He have listen carefully and told “I hope I will not be a such lucky man!”. But.. he was! :-) It was the worst of the teeth. I never had a toothache before neither after of a removal tooth on the past surgeries. The 4th surgery was a KO on my physical and mental health. 3 weeks to recover and to go to US to present an oral session. Yes, I have recovered… after 2 mounts. Yes, everybody has called me the superwoman.

I was talking in the beginning that I’m a unforgettable persona. Yes I am.

Two days ago I was into the dentist just to remove some tartar. Usually I do this once a year. When the doctor saw me he have asked astonishingly:
- Are you coming to remove another tooth?!
- I’m glad you remember me. I’m just making a check-up, I do not have any more these kind of teeth. – I said. The doctor:
- Thanks God! How could I forget you?! It was the most difficult tooth I’ve removed in all my life.

See?! I told you … I’m unforgettable. :-)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Why did you removed the tooth wisdom?
Were they causing some kind of problem?

I meet a few people who decided to remove them just... because they decided... without any motivation.

Single Mind said...

The 4 tooth were inside the bone. As I have a small mouth, I had no space for these tooth and they haven't 'born' and remained quite.

The fact is, I always had many headaches and I didn't know what the cause was. Until one day my jaw began to pop each time I chew. The tooth had grown inside the bone.

Today, I do not have headaches. :-)