Friday, February 22, 2008

Tedious Hobby

Another weekend… another boring task. I always do a special boring task each Sunday morning. You are wondering what I do, instead of being in bed, delighting a beautiful and peaceful morning thinking about on having some fun after someone’s wake-up.

Indeed, it’s a real psychological torture those mornings. I never liked to stand to much time ironing. Some time ago, I only had a pair of bed sheets, two pants, a pajama and a few shirts for ironing. Today, I really need to have patience for ironing.

Here I am looking to the laundry basket… a towel… a gray shirt… a pants… a gray shirt… a blue shirt… a gray shirt, another grey shirt… a bed sheet, two bed sheets…

Yes… I’ve almost done, finally… my pajama, my pants, my towel… another grey shirt and another and another… all grays. I observe the laundry basket becoming empty, but there is always a f*cking gray shirt there. What a desperately tedious task! No wonder my mother always said “if you like it, buy two but in different colors.” Thanks’ mum, I’ll never forget that.

No comments: