Tuesday, September 23, 2008

What People Should Not Say

This last month I’ve eared some unfortunate words. Honestly, I wonder if people have the common sense developed. Here are some words of what I can remember:

(twice from colleagues)

- Was it an accident?!

- Do you think it was an accident with 32 years old? I never had an accident before so why it could be an accident now?!

(from my boss)

- huh, I do not know if I must give you the congratulations.

- You can give them, I don’t mind.

(from a doctor)

- Yes… he can come in, he must be the father right?

I thought: no, no, it’s my neighbor.

(from a colleague)

- And how are you going?

- Fine, but worried with some incontinence when I sneeze, cough, vomit. I must carry clean pants in my purse.

- Oh, so cute.

- I do not see what is cute in this scenario.

- Oh, so it is something serious.

- Not at all, the doctor said this is usual.

(from a colleague)

- You are becoming so fat, so round…

- Thank you. By the way, I’m pregnant.

No comments: